Court rules against ownership of black rifles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hold no illusions of a massive III% uprising. i doubt an outright massive confiscation will ever take place in the u.s. in part because of the logistics. they'd have to go full force in pockets all over the country just to get a portion of the weapons. and people outside those pockets would begin arming up soon as the news hit.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that's your plan, then be prepared to kiss your wife/kids/grandkids, other family and friends goodbye when you hit the guerrilla trail.

Our country's founders did much the same thing (in a totally different era and scenario), but it wasn't solely for the right to keep and bear arms (and especially not to keep "military-grade" arms, which wasn't even a thing at the time). Many other freedoms were also at stake.

Also... when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, you won't have as much support as you think. The older generations (with a general populace willing to personally sacrifice everything for a cause), were nothing like the current one. Good luck getting the "one percenters" to back you up.

As usual, just my 2¢ ...

Well, no one is talking about "...hit(ing) the guerrilla trail." Also, note that the Minutemen didn't hit the guerrilla trail either. They stood their ground defending - wait for it - their arms.

If you think only our Right to Keep and Bear Arms is at stake, bear in mind that it is our arms that preserve all the rest of our rights and freedoms - same as it was back in the colonial/revolution era. Besides, I'd rather stand up and die defending the rights and freedoms of my wife, kids, and grandkids than to sit and live to watch them suffer under tyranny.

Woody

Look at your rights and freedoms as what would be required to survive and be free as if there were no government. Governments come and go, but your rights live on. If you wish to survive government, you must protect with jealous resolve all the powers that come with your rights - especially with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Without the power of those arms, you will perish with that government - or at its hand. B.E. Wood

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've already had assault rifle bans and mag limits in the past. Chipping away at the 2nd amendment has proven much more effective than an outright ban on firearms.

Again, I'm on your side. ;)

EDIT: That assumes your side isn't crazy btw...

Last edited:

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
none have been very effective in this information age... 10 rd. 50 beowulf mags hold 30 rounds of .223 just fine...

no telling how many 80% a.r lowers are out there, and schematics are a download away. 3D printing is making repeating firearms viable with little more than a few common plumbing supplies. they can ban what they want, and we'll have it anyway.

the law has no teeth without enforcers. and if the enforcers are just there for the paycheck, they can eat a bullet.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've already had assault rifle bans and mag limits in the past. Chipping away at the 2nd amendment has proven much more effective than an outright ban on firearms.

Again, I'm on your side. ;)

EDIT: That assumes your side isn't crazy btw...
No crazies here! :mosh:

Yeah, we've had a few chips hewn out of the RKBA, but those wounds are beginning to heal.

Woody

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
news/maryland/politics/bs-md-assault-rifle-ban-ruling-20170221-story.html

A federal appeals court upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, concluding that the powerful military-style guns outlawed by the measure are not entitled to protection under the Second Amendment.

The 10-4 ruling, issued by the entire Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, reverses a decision by a smaller panel of judges from the court last year that called the law's constitutionality into question.

The bill was steered through the Maryland Senate in 2013 by then-Sen. Brian E. Frosh in the wake of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Since elected as the state's attorney general, he has defended the law in court.

Frosh, a Democrat, called the dual role gratifying and said he was very happy with the ruling
That fiasco is part of the reason why I left the Peoples Republic of Maryland.
He "steered the bill" all right. At the hearing, we who were against the bill outnumbered those who were for it, I think the final total attendance was 2300 or so to 70 for it. The level of disrespect and disinterest the hearing committee showed the pro-2A people was absolutely infuriating. One of the legislators spent at least part of the hearing playing chess on his computer, rather than listening to his constituents. Maryland sucks.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That fiasco is part of the reason why I left the Peoples Republic of Maryland.
He "steered the bill" all right. At the hearing, we who were against the bill outnumbered those who were for it, I think the final total attendance was 2300 or so to 70 for it. The level of disrespect and disinterest the hearing committee showed the pro-2A people was absolutely infuriating. One of the legislators spent at least part of the hearing playing chess on his computer, rather than listening to his constituents. Maryland sucks.

This type of thing is exactly what the founding fathers were fed up with. Sad that thjs kind of crap happens in same area that saw the birth of our nation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom