@)*$)(*@ Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw 2 coyotes this morning. I saw a young buck a few days ago, 6-point. Almost daily I see between 2 and 8 doe running through here.

Now - I'm in Chicago! I work about 4 miles away in Indiana and stay in my RV in a park that backs up to the state line. There are always critters running around here - or just standing around. This park is just adjacent to a recreation/conservation area on Wolf Lake which also straddles the state line.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hopeful, I was looking forward to the pictures... :)

The ones I've been seeing running around here in the past couple of days look pretty good - for a coyote! Hopefully not as mangy and raunchy as the last two I killed....

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't giving advice I was telling my personal experience. Stray dog means not owned. Didn't say I kill them for barking I just said that's what the sheriff told me. If you care about your dog keep it on your property and collared.
I have never shot a dog wearing a collar. I grew up out in the country where people dropped off unwanted dogs on a regular basis. Not sure why I would catch a bullet in the back for shooting a stray dog but ok.

Its funny how laws from state to state differ.. In Colorado you have to use live traps to trap bobcats because you might catch something you are not suppose to. I assume a domesticated animal. However dogs without a collar are considered feral and are legal to shoot. I have read stories where coyote hunters shoot feral dogs that run in packs. I would bet they cause more damage than coyotes if the population gets large enough.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However dogs without a collar are considered feral and are legal to shoot. I have read stories where coyote hunters shoot feral dogs that run in packs. I would bet they cause more damage than coyotes if the population gets large enough.

They definitely do as they thrill-kill, hence larger amounts of kills with the carcasses going to waste. This is why I take such a hard stance against "domesticated" animals being allowed to run free on land that isn't their owner's.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen two roadkill coyotes in the last week or so, including a decent-looking one on the north end of the US77 bridge about a mile inside the Slaughterville city limits that must've bought it tonight. It wasn't there when I was southbound earlier in the day; I'm guessing it was scavenging the skunk that had been there for a few days when someone double-spotlighted it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom