@)*$)(*@ Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two guys on my lease kill 3 yotes yesterday morning. No deer in sight so the yotes were fair game.

I've settled on shooting any yotes regardless of blowing a chance at a deer

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally took out the dog that's ruined several deer hunts over the last two years. He barked at me for an hour until he got to 40 yards away and my 30-06 barked back.

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on controlling the local dog population. I never understand why people don't take care of their animals and let them run around ruining everyone else's stuff.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I certainly do not think this is sound advice for when to shoot a dog that comes on to your property. Granted all responsible dog owners should keep their animals safe and not cause any problems for their neighbors. But just because a dog is on your property and "barks", is no reason to kill it. Don't be an a-hole and shoot someone's dog for no reason other than seeing it on your property. That's a good way to find yourself with a bullet hole in the back.

That would be called "Murder 1". And I hope that's not your feelings.

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly do not think this is sound advice for when to shoot a dog that comes on to your property. Granted all responsible dog owners should keep their animals safe and not cause any problems for their neighbors. But just because a dog is on your property and "barks", is no reason to kill it. Don't be an a-hole and shootsomeone's dog for no reason other than seeing ioyour property. That's a good way to find yourself with a bullet hole in the back.

I wasn't giving advice I was telling my personal experience. Stray dog means not owned. Didn't say I kill them for barking I just said that's what the sheriff told me. If you care about your dog keep it on your property and collared.
I have never shot a dog wearing a collar. I grew up out in the country where people dropped off unwanted dogs on a regular basis. Not sure why I would catch a bullet in the back for shooting a stray dog but ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom