@)*$)(*@ Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
was up south of ponca city saturday checking stands and straps. i walked the wheat field and some trails looking for tracks and sign. there is a serious coyote problem there. easily as many yote tracks as deer tracks in the wheat. if i don't see a deer worth shooting by 9 or so, then is dog whackin time.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a video from my trailcam the other night. You can see the coyote in back..this particular buck didn't seem to have an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I though the same at first too, but full screen and at the last second, you can see the yote turn to his left and run, you can see his entire body then.

fulton4495

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any laws protecting you from getting in trouble if someone's dogs come onto your lease/property and are chasing deer off if you can blast them they are more strays than pets running around about 4 square miles of property I think the guy just feeds them and let's them do there own thing

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran into this when I was a kid. Sheriff came over and said if they are harassing you or your livestock you could kill them. When we asked what qualified as harassment he said if they bark while they're on your property. Not sure what the law is specifically but I kill every stray dog that runs out in front of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom