Crazy Syrian rebels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about big guns, but that grenade created an odd result. If the chamber had a round in it, I would have expected a huge explosion in the barrel. Had the chamber been empty and the breach closed, I would have expected a small explosion. It almost looks like the chamber was empty and the breach open, allowing grenade shrapnel to shoot into the tank's cabin and start a catastrophic fire.

I'm not downplaying the loss of human life or the horror that the tank crew would have experience. But from a mechanical point of view from the safety of my sofa, that event confused me.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there really anyone inside a T-72 the world will miss?

Sorry, my very out of date flashcards say those are all ok to shoot. 0352 : )

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not downplaying the loss of human life or the horror that the tank crew would have experience. But from a mechanical point of view from the safety of my sofa, that event confused me.

T-72s are notorious death traps. Open ammunition storage, autoloader, and lack of "blow-out" panels results in spectacular jets of flame out of open hatches and the breech whenever the turret/hull is compromised.

It was probably a cumulative effect...first grenade compromised the breech and/or detonated a loaded round but not enough to cook the tank off. Second grenade finished the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom