Crohn's Disease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than that I eat tons of red meat and it doesn't seem to bug me. My eating habits are sporadic though and every once in a while I will have a "flare up" for a couple of days. I also have issues some times after eating certain foods, like I will need to use the restroom as soon as I walk in the door from being out, or depending on distance have to stop somewhere on the way home, yeah, its that bad.

what kind of places are you eating when this happens?
If the answer is Buffets, Asian/chinese, Mexican and others. the answer maybe you are allergic to (MSG) monosodium glutamate.
If I eat at a place that puts it in the food, half the time I don't even make it out of the parking lot.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you still can't figure out what's going on, check to see if you have food allergies. My son had problems and we finally got him tested for food allergies.

Allergic to peanuts, soy, wheat (gluten)sp? Now that he knows what he can't eat, his problems are greatly reduced.

mattrob80

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may want to check out the Paleo diet. It's very helpful in battling Crohn's, diabetes, and many other conditions. No grain, no dairy. Lots of meat and vegetables. I recommend getting the book The Paleolithic Solution by Robb Wolf. You can also check out the website www.whole9life.com.

I don't have Crohn's, but I do know people who do and making this type of lifestyle change has really changed things for the better.

CiscoKid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother had it (she died 4 years ago, from other issues).
As others have said -- it is mostly about knowing what you can and can't eat.
She could eat grapes, but had to peal them (grape skins made her very sick).
Alcohol, even a very small amount, would make her very sick. One time, someone had spiked some punch at a party. She was sick for a few days afterwards.

She had a couple of surgeries. Her last one resulted in an ileostomy. That radially changed her life for the better. She no longer had to deal with constant gas pains, and frequent diarrhea.
I am not suggesting elective surgery -- just saying, if the time ever comes, don't think it is as horrible as it sounds.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if he still gets on here ... haven't seen him post in a while but Isaih'sDad has it. You might PM him and see if he answers you back. Other than that I don't know much about it. Like Plissken wife's says ... I think a good doctor is gonna make all the difference in the world for you.

You're in my prayers!

+1 Isaiahsdad has been struggling with it for years. He's a great source for any information on the topic you need.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they said. I have had it for 27 years now. Has really kicked my butt but I am still here. Have been on every medication for the disease known and nothing works. Have been on pain meds for it for 4 years now and they seem to be the only thing helping. It is not a fun disease to say the least. PM me for any questions. I have 27 years experience, which is more than most doctors. Heck, the docs gave me 2 to 5 years to live, that was back in 1984, I think I know just a little bit more than them in this case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom