Crow calls (hand-calls) - any local places that have something worth getting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, now for the spinning wing crow decoy. It is common knowledge that it does not work well. I guess they are just too smart for that spinning wing and the purpose of a spinning wing waterfowl decoy is the strobe effect. That is not the right concept for crows IMHO.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flapping wing decoy is the bomb. put it near the owl or permanently mount it at the base of the owl. It improved our kill ratio. You can also use a flapping wing Wounded Woodpecker Decoy painted black. It is on clearance online with the Cabelas Bargain Cave. I like the action of the one on crowbusters better, but it does not seem like it would be very durable over time. I have had to paint the wings on mine with several coats of black spray paint soaked in to keep the fabric of the wings from wearing out.
I have and use both.

Thanks for the lead on the woodpecker, went ahead and ordered one of those today. I saw someone had used on of the woodpeckers painted black.

Hub

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picture from today. Crows are thick in the bottoms right now. They are eating and fighting over the pecans. So anywhere there were pecans, there were crows. I was not calling or using decoys, just got side tracked from other hunting. It was almost like hunting bucks during the rut. They were so into feeding and fighting I could walk to within fair distance and my dog worked well as a substitute Owl decoy.

awww.fototime.com_07658BF53BE5199_standard.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom