Custom percussion cap rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here build black powder rifles? I have become curious about a particular style and want to run my ideas/questions to experienced people.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been know to build a few in the past, only one is percussion the other 3 are flints, got two pistols I need to get around and finish, started them and put them away and haven't gotten the bug to get them out and finish, not yet anyway. Its been awhile but I might be able to remember something!!! "edit" I just remembered I have a partial kit of a 45 percussion that I got at a swap meet for $10, missing a couple parts but plan on build it with a nicer chunk of wood from Petonica for my Grandson. Since its for him I'll end up engraving it and making it really nice for him to have something personal from me.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at a kit from pecatonica, I believe they will do some of the wood carving for an additional cost, as someone who has never assembled or built one of these things, Im curious just how much work will be left for me to do? Im not too lazy to put in the work, I just dont have any experience here! I have trouble not wanting to have one of these wood and steel percussion rifles!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at a kit from pecatonica, I believe they will do some of the wood carving for an additional cost, as someone who has never assembled or built one of these things, Im curious just how much work will be left for me to do? Im not too lazy to put in the work, I just dont have any experience here! I have trouble not wanting to have one of these wood and steel percussion rifles!
Built a kit when I was about 14-15. The enjoyment of that launched me into a gunsmithing career. Still building stuff 52 years later. Just follow directions, ask people questions and take your time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom