338 federal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon gents and gals!

So I’ve decided my next build will be a savage in 338 federal. Barrel and ammo is what I am searching info for

Essentially, what are your experiences as far as reloading, barrel length, and twist rate for the caliber. Google is of no real help so wanted to see if any fellow Okies had run down this rabbit hole.

Rifle cooker is a 110 tactical savage in 308, barrel will be a customer through preferred barrel blanks.

Figured I’d cash in on their small Black Friday sale so will be ordering soon.

Any help is much appreciated!

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might look at larue, I know he sells a barrel for the siete. Might be able to see the specs on it. I’d believe he’s done his homework on it

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t help with the reloading side of things on the round. But I will say I love their barrels. I own 2 of them my self and will be ordering a 6arc barrel as soon as I can trade off or sale my rem 700 in 223.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I have a 338-06 from them and it is a showstopper and target dropper. That’s why I wanted the “baby” 338 to go with it and my 338rum.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not knowing the barrel contour or bullet you plan to shoot I would run a 22 inch 1:10 twist barrel.

Reloading for it begins with a safe load and trial and error until you find what it likes

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have nine boxes of federal 180 & 200 grain that I bought for a Dakota rifle I have never shot. Go figure. I could let a few boxes go. It seems to be unobtainable at the moment, like every other thing nowdays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom