AR-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually had a Chiappa one ages back that I converted to a medal receiver. But then sold it (like an idiot). Of course now I want another AR in 22Lr. Haha

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my daughter a tippman m4, has ran like a champ since day one. It is
All metal, and accepts all standard AR componets. It functions just like an ar
all controls are the same. Hers will eat any and all ammo. Velocity is now making a
Drop in trigger called a steel. It is designed to be used with steel cased or
Dedicated 22lr. It is 4 lb pull, and smooth as butter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good day gents and gals,

For some inexplicable reason, I have a hankering for a AR chambered in 22LR. I know rifle can be finicky in ARs and wanted to reach out and see what yall had had experience with and if you had any recommendations.

Preferably looking for one based off of a real AR type frame, and not a look alike like the polymer ones. I want the fit and feel to the similar to a standard AR is all.

I also plan to run rem thunderbolt, golden bullet, and federal automatch type ammo (and don’t want to have to buy specialty ammo just for it).

Essentially, I want a budget range blaster for myself and friends kids to be able to learn and practice with that is cheap to shoot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also. I already have traditional styled 22 rifles in droves, I specifically want a AR patterned one now.
If you’re looking for a real AR metal upper in .22lr, look no further than the Nordic NC-22. Strictly an upper but it matches what you’re looking for.
Take it off the lower and install any AR upper you desire on the same lower.
They aren’t the cheapest out there but I’ve used mine in hundreds of steel challenge matches and it continues to shoot reliably with a red dot.

1708487821711.png

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/nc-22rb-upper/

We did a big group buy on them on another forum, getting them much cheaper than MSRP.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did come across that one, but boy howdy, the price tag has me hesitant. Haha. Especially huge for a lower. Which mag types do they use?

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mags are 25 rounds and I have 5. 2 of them are still new in the plastic wrap. One of the original 3 is finally looking like it may be wearing out, that’s why I bought the other 2, about 3 years ago. I still haven’t needed to replace the one I thought was wearing out. They are about $22 to $25 each, last time I looked.

Last edited:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a bit off topic but,,,
Can you tell me why Appleseed doesn't allow the AR15-22 rifle?

Just curious is all,,,

Aarond

There was a recall from S&W for the 15-22 that had something to do with the bolt not being ground/formed with the correct depth.
It caused issues occasionally with multiple rounds being fired for a single trigger pull.
After S&W issued the recall, Appleseed ceased allowing them to be used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom