Cz 452!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love me some CZ bolt 22's... wish i had one... But I also love Mossbergs real old training rifles... those things will shoot. 26" barrel and 1/8" click peep sights = awesome

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey flatwins, how did that snazzy CZ end up shooting for you? What is the trigger like?

As I understand it the 453 has a set trigger while the 452, and the new 455, don't. But I hear the 452/455 trigger is adjustable.

I have the urge for a .22 bolt. I just about talk myself into going affordable with a stainless Marlin or something, then I read a thread like this and realize I really want a CZ.

I'm already in love with the rifle. I read all the reports about the trigger needing help but I find nothing wrong with it whatsoever. The trigger is adjustable but mine is still in the stock setting. I also considered Tech Sights for it but the things shoots so well I've decided against it. I haven't yet grouped it on paper but have just pinged the metal targets out at Red Castle and I find no need to change anything on it. I can get the 150 yard targets with open sights. Good enough for me!

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my CZ-452 Varmint! I've got a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40mm scope with mildots on it and I can hit anything I want to with it. I routinely hit the 8 inch gong at 300 yards at Thunderbird Range. It will shoot half inch groups at 100 off a bag (I'm too twitchy to free hold it) with CCI mini mags. The gun will shoot great with Federal bulk ammo too. It's one gun I'll never sell. Ever.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just purchased a CZ-452 Scout on OSA classifies, which is the youth model. quality looks identical to full size 452 with a small walnut stock.

according to Rose, shorter models they have sold all turned out to have equal or better accuracy then full size 452. go figure...

got this one for my ultra-light survival rifle. looking to mount the smallest possible scope for Scout. that or stay with iron sights.

for size comp... CZ 452 Scout next to Scattergun Tech TR870

[Broken External Image]

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just purchased a CZ-452 Scout on OSA classifies, which is the youth model. quality looks identical to full size 452 with a small walnut stock.

according to Rose, shorter models they have sold all turned out to have equal or better accuracy then full size 452. go figure...

[Broken External Image]

Congrats on the Scout. You have a fine youth rifle. The stocks are not walnut tho. Beechwood. They do have an adjustable trigger. The Scout has one screw holding the action into the stock. Glass bed the Scout and it will become even more accurate. I currently own three 452's and think they are a great value.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah baby! Got one from John at Second Hand Rose about three years ago. What sold me was the military style Mauser type rear sight, adjustable from 25-100M. The windage adjustment was sort of a ass-backwards deal for an American rifleman, but with a slight mechanical movement the 25 yard zero was right on. Also I can report the elevation graduations to 100M are correct with at least four different brands/types of .22 LR ammo I used. The rimfire metallic silhouettes out at Red Castle Gun Club fall quickly and easily before this sweet 22 rifle. Point-of-impacts at a known distance match rear sight ramp settings plenty close enough for practical accuracy. I prize my CZ 452 LUX .22 rifle at the top of all those in my collection. That was money well spent I'd say.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been buying too many guns lately .... but don't regret buying the Scout.
keeping my eye out for a 452 with heavy barrel ...

beech or walnut... 452 scout has got to be the highest quality .22LR youth rifle in the market.

went out shooting this morning at Sand Springs Gun Club... Scout as predicted was very accurate... almost boringly accurate. still has original plastic block instead of magazine. single shot mode until mag is purchased.

ultralight and short makes a MUCH more reliable survival rifle than the typical AR-7 clone.

Good thing you bought that Scout 'cause I was thinking really hard about it!

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been buying too many guns lately .... but don't regret buying the Scout.
keeping my eye out for a 452 with heavy barrel ...

beech or walnut... 452 scout has got to be the highest quality .22LR youth rifle in the market.

went out shooting this morning at Sand Springs Gun Club... Scout as predicted was very accurate... almost boringly accurate. still has original plastic block instead of magazine. single shot mode until mag is purchased.

ultralight and short makes a MUCH more reliable survival rifle than the typical AR-7 clone.

I do not regret my Varmint model at all. Glad that I got it

I've noticed this as well with my CZ - its literally boringly accurate. The wife won't even shoot it anymore because its no longer a challenge for her. I've gotten to were when I take it out to the range, I'll pick up empty .22 shells and sit them up on the top of the targets at 25 and 50 yards and try to shoot them off without hitting the target or frame. I also like shooting the leaves off of weeds and flowers at distances. Keeps me involved with range estimation and bullet drop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom