Czech it out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2-3 weeks ago, I decided that I needed a new carry gun. The first pistol that I ever became very familiar with was the beretta M-9 series since I was part of an aircrew in the army. After rotating to the civilian world, my first, and for a long time only, pistol was a brand new beretta 92fs that my wife bought me for my birthday the first year we were together. But, as the pistol is pretty heavy, and has a good deal of sentimental value, it just doesn't make good sense to use it for carry. So the search was on.

I started with a Tristar c100, which is just a copy of the CZ75 compact. It was small enough, the grip felt great in my hand, was very well made, and pretty damn accurate. But a buddy of mine wanted one, and everywhere he looked it was sold out. So, I ended up selling him mine. That led me to try out my fathers bersa thunder pro 9. Say what you will, that thing is an awesome pistol! And for the price! I was impressed, until I started to carry it for awhile. It had its fair share of weight, but the problem was really that all the controls seemed to constantly dig into my side. Now I knew what everyone was talking about when they wanted smooth sided pistol. So I decided to step out of my comfort zone.

Up until this point, I had shied away from striker fired pistols. I'm just more comfortable with the traditional SA/DA pistols, but I figured what the heck. I had my mind made up on a Steyr M-9, XD9, or M&P 9. After getting a heck of a deal, I purchased a new XD with all the gear. At first I was pleased, but something about it just wasn't right. The feel of it was just, well, off. Hell, I hadn't even ever put a round in the chamber before I knew I made a mistake.

So, after much consideration, I took the XD and gear up to the good folks at sooner state pawn in south OKC. I explained the problem, and decided right there that I'm just a DA/SA kind of guy. The great staff traded me for a brand new CZ-P07 duty. It's light, slim, and came factory with tritium night sights. It feels great. Once I get to the range, I'll let y'all know how it fairs. image.jpg

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Cz's are definitely too overlooked. Great guns. Now that my AR is done(for now) its time to start saving for a cz-75b.

Latest posts

Top Bottom