If you had $800 to spend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt you could get a shot of this for $800 and I wouldn't want it if you could. With a beautiful wife like Melenia, Trumpster would have been a fool.

View attachment 477070

1684173035700.jpg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a tough one for me because $800 is one of those in between price categories where if thats all i had to spend , id rather delay gratification for a bit and just get another Doxa or a Tudor Ranger when i had a couple more nickels to rub together -- and i also like my budget Steeldives because those are at a price point where you could pick one up on a whim if you just want to try a different color - (thinking about the white one below - havent checked lately but i think they are under $200 )

Steeldive DJ homage
SniVLAMl.png

But back to the original question of an $800 watch -- i would cruise Chrono24 until i could find another TAG Formula Chrono to replace the one i gave my brother a few years back -- i really enjoyed that and its "sporty, casual" looks - might be tough to find on a bracelet but i bet a guy could easily get one around 1k without much effort at all

3B0CjgTl.jpg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the $800 were only for a watch, and a new one I would be considering the following in this order:

1) Christopher Ward Diver
2) Zelos Diver GMT (pretty much all they make)
3) Hamilton Murph Watch
4) Ocean Crawler Bolt
5) Squale Diver
6) Seiko Alpinest GMT

Used opens up a whole new world of watches to consider.

For the most Value, spend $800 on a Zelos, put it away for two months, then sell it on Ebay for $1,000 or more, buy another watch.

If it were $800 their are plenty of firearms or optics I would like to get and that would be an entirely different conversation.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@Dmc707, that’s kinda why I threw the 800 mark out there. It’s a break point between ‘levels’ of watches. Just wondering what you guys would do if that was a hard number that you had to work with.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If the $800 were only for a watch, and a new one I would be considering the following in this order:

1) Christopher Ward Diver
2) Zelos Diver GMT (pretty much all they make)
3) Hamilton Murph Watch
4) Ocean Crawler Bolt
5) Squale Diver
6) Seiko Alpinest GMT

Used opens up a whole new world of watches to consider.

For the most Value, spend $800 on a Zelos, put it away for two months, then sell it on Ebay for $1,000 or more, buy another watch.

If it were $800 their are plenty of firearms or optics I would like to get and that would be an entirely different conversation.
I like this list. I have a Squale and have looked hard at the CW and a murph.
Curios on your take on the Zelos. Do you see the value going up and why?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With me not being a 'watch' guy, I guess that I would take Adam's or Darren's advice and then see if Adam had one for sale.

:anyone: :chat:

Latest posts

Top Bottom