Optics Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes price is important to a lot. But almost none ever use what’s in front on them or given to them. They will walk right by the 1200 optic on sale or used somewhere for 600 and it was in there budget the hole time. To me that is a budget optic. i will look for weeks if not months to find what I want for a price I can live with.

just my 2 cents on budget optic

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Optic! Funny how the names has changed.

I still call them scopes!

Have not bought any in years.

Price points correction

0-39.95 / budget
40-100 / mid
101- 400 / high end
Above 400 is hifalutin!

I remember Burris advertising 100% American made. I dont think they are now!
Swear the last I saw all their good models was flushed down the drain and replaced with crappy looking models

Leupold was strictly American made then too! Hard sell when Burris was less expensive.

Always struggled to throw lots of money at scopes. Burris seemed a best compromise of great quality for the money in a American made product back then.

From previous posts it seems as there are tons of scope manufactures now I have never heard of, I probably dont care to know about them either, probably all crappy foreign junk!

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quigley-Ford is my nicest scope. Single focal point. I can see well at 800 yards but Iam an average shot so groups are a bit bigger. Got a hec of a deal and it was built to the spec of my reloaded 30-06.

My FIL buys cheap scopes, they are ok for a while. OK.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say it's based n your personal choice/budget. For me a Vortex PST is a budget scope. I run Bushnell DMR3, Leupy MKIV and V, NF NSX/ATACR and plan on getting a Kahles for my new 30 Nosler.....just depends on the rifle. Friends don't let friends buy Barfska.......just don't buy junk. Save your money for good glass if you have a decent rifle.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say it's based n your personal choice/budget. For me a Vortex PST is a budget scope. I run Bushnell DMR3, Leupy MKIV and V, NF NSX/ATACR and plan on getting a Kahles for my new 30 Nosler.....just depends on the rifle. Friends don't let friends buy Barfska.......just don't buy junk. Save your money for good glass if you have a decent rifle.
This!^^^^^
19429912_10209395313947582_8393160771886703886_n.jpg

:rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom