D&T Custom Rifles...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great work, David, thanks for sharing! Could you please tell us a little about the first bolt action rifle pictured, the one at the covered shooting range? It looks very interesting. BTW, you do have a great job!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the bolt gun, David. That Stolle action looks positively amazing. As I said before, please post all the pics you want of your handiwork, I'm just glad to be able to see it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sol,

you mean this one -
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_300_20Whisper_Rimmed_009.jpg

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_300_20Whisper_Rimmed_028.jpg

The nickel plated cartridge is a 357 magnum case and then necked down to 30 caliber and the others are the full length 357 Maximum and then necked to 30 caliber...

The 30-357 is just a short necked, rimmed version of the 300 BLACKOUT / Whisper and is one of our most popular chamberings right now. Since March 1, I have taken in 32 orders for H&R rifles in this chambering. Shooting the 208 gr. Hornady A-MAX bullet at 1,040 fps. (sub-sonic) velocity, the guys in Texas that hunt hogs at night are going nuts over this round...

The longer version, what I call my 300 Max Cat, is based on the full length 357 Maximum case necked down to 30 caliber. This is a very effecient cartridge design and one that will push the 110 gr. Hornady V-Max to an easy 3,000 fps. and Noslers 125 gr. Ballistic Tip to 2,600 fps.. This little round makes both, an excelent varmint AND deer cartridge and it does give target accuracy from break-open single shot rifles like the H&R as well as the T/C Contender and Encore....

DAVID

Awesome!

Can you still run the 208gr Amax subsonic in the .30-357 Max case?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the process for getting into one of these? I have an Encore muzzle loader that I've been wanting to add a rifle barrel to. To start, would I supply a barrel, then you cut it up or do you have the stubs already?

By the way, I really like that yellow and gray Handi Rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom