Dadgum Chiggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been doing this since flea collars come on the market but don't wear em against your skin..........don't ask me how l know this🤪

My only problem with using em was the urge to chase down tanks and whiz on the tracks......
Don't forget to snap them before putting them on to release the "special sauce".

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nuke them from orbit
Scorched earth policy for them and seed ticks both
Propane weed burner sweep yard and edges of yard on a wet morning. Dont burn down the house but keep flame moving to singe any critters in the vegetation. My old house in Snowball Arkansas back in 1976 was horribly infested because cattle were grazing the place for a year before I moved in and they laid in the shade of the yard trees. After getting sick from bug bites I nuked em with fire and then a month later sprayed. No more problem as long as you stay in the yard.

bpshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I’ll be dipped in BBQ sauce. Kicked my boots off and an all too familiar itch kicked into high gear. Was doing some yard work yesterday and somewhere got into a patch of chiggers. Freakin little spawns of Satan they are 🤬🤬🤬! Little suckers went up my boot and down the inside to get to the top of my ankles and man-o-man they had a feast. Of all the bug bites I think chiggers carry the biggest itch. That’ll teach me to go out without spraying myself down with bug-juice. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Use anything with menthol in it. I get the cheap mineral ice at wally world. Instant itch relief

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put some Avon "skin so soft" on before you go out....keeps skeeters away too.
Loggers up in Wyoming would by the skin so soft in gallon containers.........they said they were the sweetest smelling bunch of guys with the softest skin. Tough bunch of bastards even the cowboys didn't mess with those guys..

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
40% DEET seems to keep them off of me, but they are evil little bastards. I've found that an Icy Hot patch does a good job of numbing the skin for quite a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom