BBQ Sauce, BBQ Rubs, and Such...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Head country for sauce. I've been on a hunt for a good sweat sauce recipe to make at home. However, I'm batting 0 on that one. Until I'll retain Head Country sauce as my preference.

As far as rub goes. I use a home made rub/slurry combo that has everything from brown sugar to mustard and beer in it. Meat comes off the smoker not needing any sauce. Which is the way I prefer it. The sauce just adds to the party. Kind of like someone showing up with an extra case of beer when your cooler is already full.

My wife has already given me the ultimatum to get the smoker out as soon as possible. Unfortunately it will probably be April before that happens. Dang busy schedule.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Head country sold out to a Corporation last month.
Hoping they stay with the original recipe.

Head Country has long been a corporation. It hasn't been with the original maker since 1977.

Gladstone Investment Group is who acquired Head Country Food Products last month. The acquisition also included separate investments from members of Gladstone's executives. Gladstone does about 80% of it's investments through loans and 20% through equity. From what I understand, part of the acquisition is in equity and part of it is in the form of debt.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Smoked pork loin this weekend and have been munching on it as I watched the winter storm. I like the Head Country sauce and have a rub special made by an insider in the pig business. Shhhhhhhhh!

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried various sauces and rub over the years and discovered I'm not really a sauce fan.

These days, I'll marinate and rub with Daddy Hinkle's hot. I love the stuff! That's all I use anymore.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my BBQ sauce
2 cups Ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
5 TBS Brown Sugar
5 TBS sugar
1/2 TBS Black Pepper
1/2 TBS Onion Powder
1/2 TBS Ground Mustard
1 TBS Lemon Juice
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBS Liquid Smoke
1 to 2 TBS Hot Sauce ( I use Franks )

Simmer for 1 hour and 15 min. ( or until it is as thick as you like )
add 30 min per extra batch ( I like to make 4 or 5 batches and water bath can it up. )

Latest posts

Top Bottom