Damn pests...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked the game cam last night and figured out where all my corn was disappearing to, not that it was a big mystery, but was at least hoping to get some pics of "ol smokey ghost mossey horns" in velvet. Dragging the trap down after work to see if I can't get a load. What I don't get trapping after a few nights, gonna release the hounds on. They're coming in the middle of the night of course, so I think it'd be a waste of time to even try and get a shot at one.

[Broken External Image]

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bet you could get permission from your local game warden...

Solar powered hog light(easy to make, how to videos on web, total cost less than $30), high caliber rifle, tree stand and you've got the makings of a hog slaughter.

At my uncles place in East TX we've done over night hunts and taken several in a night.

Reaction score
Did you buy some sparklers on the 4th of July? If so, wrap a small buttload of them *reeeeaaaaallly* tightly with gobs of duct tape, put it there under the feeder, then and rig a trap to set off a fuse going into the center of the package... - J/K of course.... :)

Big Tex, could you re-fresh all of us on the legality under the regs of hog hunting at night in Oklahoma, please? (with or without lights, public vs. private land, with or without depredation permit, etc., in your understanding ). Thanks.

Is there a difference, from the perspective of the regulations, in the legality of a handheld flashlight, versus a solar powered light like that? Or are they both equally prohibited (always, sometimes?) as using a "light, laser, or lighting device", or however it's worded? I cannot remember all the ins and outs now as I sit here....

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like a job for the FGST.... Bacon with legs..... Ummmmm....

bacon1.jpg

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr. Winslow..as I understand it.

Never can hunt at night with aid of artificial light on public land in Oklahoma.
On private land you can hunt with prior permission of game warden.
As far as w/OUT lights, I don't know cause I'd never try it!

In Texas it is perfectly legal to spotlight for hogs anytime of the year, just want to tell the game warden before hand what you doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom