Damn pests...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you tell me where "game and non-game" animals are defined?

anything that deosnt have a defind season for is a non-game animal.... yote, hog, praire dog ect
but hunting with a silencer is illegal and non game animals are still considered hunting the same reason u still have to have a "hunting" license to kill them

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silencers may not be used to hunt game animals, game or nongame birds. This is quoted verbatim from the ODWC hunting regs from 2008 -09 page 14 bottom right corner. I did not find the 2009 - 10 copy.

Pigs are classified as nongame.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do not need a hunting license except during deer, elk and antelope seasons and landowners may obtain a special night shooting permit from the local game warden to hunt nuisance hogs. This was on page 23 of 2008 -09 regs. There are more details, so check your 2099 -10 regs

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do not need a hunting license except during deer, elk and antelope seasons and landowners may obtain a special night shooting permit from the local game warden to hunt nuisance hogs. This was on page 23 of 2008 -09 regs. There are more details, so check your 2099 -10 regs

u forgot ducks and geese, phesant and quail, rabbits and bushy tailed tree climbing rats.....
now that u mentioned it i do remember reading that u dont have to have a license for hogs for some reason or another and ya just like we do with yote if u talk to your game warden they can give u permission to kill them at night we are going down south soon to kill some at my uncles and we are doing it at night.... they just want to know when and where u are going to be at all times (i guess so when people call u in he knows its u they are talking about) but im not sure they will let u use silencers
i know on the dmap programs for deer its by any means nessisary sometimes ;p

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like that herd needs some thinnin'! I'm sure you can find plenty of volunteers to help out...............myself included.

Good luck getting rid of them. They can sure tear the hell out of a place.

SDS

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allout- I quoted verbatim the reg on silencers. The 2010 -11 regs are not out to the public yet, but check the last set of regs and you will see I am right. Read all of the regs on hog hunting for a complete and thorough understanding of do's and don'ts.
I think a whole bunch of eyes just got opened

Latest posts

Top Bottom