Dash Cam Information, if anyone interested...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would bring this thread up.

I had some Amazon credits last year, and decided to pull the trigger on a Dash Cam. I chose the Rexing, seemed to fit what I wanted for a price that was reasonable. I hard wired it all in, and hooked up the rear camera as well. I've used it close to a year now, no incidents or problems, I review the video occasionally to insure it is wrapping as it is supposed to.

Yesterday I'm leaving downtown getting onto the BA, 8th street feeds into the entrance ramp, it's two lanes but eventually narrows due to construction. I'm in the outer lane, a guy is in the inner lane, as we enter the corner he's acting like he wants to block me so I start backing away, I have no where to go to the left, and didn't react quickly enough slowing down, eventually I can move towards the barrier, at this point the guy is half in my lane, and bumps me, I'm thinking WTF? So I follow him trying to get him to pull over and he wont, call 911, have his tag number so I back away. Meet the Officer for a report, told him I have a cam, said be would like to see the video when I can send it. I send it to him when I get home. He follows up later that they found the guy, his story was different from mine, but the video didn't lie, guy got a ticket for unsafe lane change, and hit and run. This should save me any out of pocket on the repairs to the truck, so the camera has now paid for it self.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one of those, driving on NW Highway west of OKC is a pain these days with all the "texters' weaving all over

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to get one but dont know where to start either and i would like one that will handle 4 cams so i have one on both sides and one in the front and rear. Just dont want to have to buy 4 seperate individual cams and recorders

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of got into analysis paralysis on this as well. When I had the Amazon points I looked for their "best seller", the Rexing was it at the time. Comments on all of them tend to have negatives on the operation and menu's. This one wasn't bad, seems to work, and tucking the wires in was way easier than I anticipated with the way the headliner is on the F150. IMO the hardwire kit is the way to go, I don't have to screw with a CLA and cord going to it. When the truck is on, the cam is on.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to get one but dont know where to start either and i would like one that will handle 4 cams so i have one on both sides and one in the front and rear. Just dont want to have to buy 4 seperate individual cams and recorders
Well why not get one for the roof for bird bombs and one for underneath your car for the potholes :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom