Pressure Washer Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m working on one with very similar issues. It has spark and fuel. Pops and backfires when you pull the cord.
I’ve pulled the valve cover and all looks good. Will pull the flywheel and check the key way tomorrow.
I’ve followed this thread pretty close hoping you’d find my solution😉

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m working on one with very similar issues. It has spark and fuel. Pops and backfires when you pull the cord.
I’ve pulled the valve cover and all looks good. Will pull the flywheel and check the key way tomorrow.
I’ve followed this thread pretty close hoping you’d find my solution😉
Your issue sounds a little different than mine was. Mine was the engine had too much compression so the pull rope would jerk back hard when it tried to fire. This was due to the exhaust valve not opening.

When I talk with my neighbor across the street I will ask him his thoughts about your issue. He knows small engines.

My wild guess, with my limited knowledge, your problem would be a timing issue.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread. Luckily, my power washer was just a spark plug. Now I have the same motor on my log splitter. The carb was dripping and the hydraulic hoses were all weather cracked. It’s still ran ok but I wanted to fix the dripping carb. When I took it apart, I found there was a crack in the plastic plate that stops the fuel flow.
I ordered a chinesium carb off eBay and while I was waiting for it, I had new hoses made at the cost of $116.
I get the carb on and it fires right up. It ran for a few seconds and died. It seems to have no spark so I tried another plug with no luck. I’m into it for another $130 so it looks like I might be out the cost of a coil too.
I had to walk away from it yesterday out of frustration 😡

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread. Luckily, my power washer was just a spark plug. Now I have the same motor on my log splitter. The carb was dripping and the hydraulic hoses were all weather cracked. It’s still ran ok but I wanted to fix the dripping carb. When I took it apart, I found there was a crack in the plastic plate that stops the fuel flow.
I ordered a chinesium carb off eBay and while I was waiting for it, I had new hoses made at the cost of $116.
I get the carb on and it fires right up. It ran for a few seconds and died. It seems to have no spark so I tried another plug with no luck. I’m into it for another $130 so it looks like I might be out the cost of a coil too.
I had to walk away from it yesterday out of frustration 😡

I had a great elect power washer before this Honda Powered one. As time goes by, I am liking elect start and /or elect powered more and more on tools.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a great elect power washer before this Honda Powered one. As time goes by, I am liking elect start and /or elect powered more and more on tools.
Other than a chain saw that I can use a power assist on to start it, none of my small engines will ever be anything but electric start. After the zillionth pull on a pull start only, it gets the sledgehammer repair.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than a chain saw that I can use a power assist on to start it, none of my small engines will ever be anything but electric start. After the zillionth pull on a pull start only, it gets the sledgehammer repair.
I can relate and now know why they named one of my old weedeaters 'featherlite' as it sailed through the air across the backyard!:grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom