Date night at the range!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really excited about a date night I have with my wife at the range this Friday. Due to a pretty traumatic incident that happened when she was younger, she does not care for guns much. Here recently I have been getting our 5 yr old son involved in shooting. I took him to the range to shoot my M&P 15-22 & last weekend I picked up his 1st gun, Ruger SR22. I think it is starting to rub off on her. She mentioned she would like to get her CCL so we are currently in the process of picking a time for her to take the class. With that being said, she needs some range time! My parents have the kids this weekend so I told her we should go to the range. She said that sounds like fun, so I'm pretty pumped. Probably just take the G19 & both .22's for her to shoot. Really looking forward to it. Never thought I would see this day!

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You probably know this, but just in case. Don't be macho and pushy. Help her feel comfortable and secure. Don't show off. Help her have a good time. Don't be pushy. If you spend much time at the range you'll know what I'm talking about; many guys seem to bring their significant better to the range just to show them how 'bad' they are.

Have fun, and most of all, help her have fun.

Jim

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You probably know this, but just in case. Don't be macho and pushy. Help her feel comfortable and secure. Don't show off. Help her have a good time. Don't be pushy. If you spend much time at the range you'll know what I'm talking about; many guys seem to bring their significant better to the range just to show them how 'bad' they are.

Have fun, and most of all, help her have fun.

Jim

I'm picking up what your putting down. My wife won't let me act macho, at least not in public, lol!

Popjim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when the concealed carry first started in Oklahoma, My son and I suggested our wives get their concealed carry. Both of them did, and my son and I were surprised how well they shot in a very short time!

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's great when the wife is involved. Awesome deal dude. We have date night at the range as often as possible. This week no go but last week we were at Sgt. Everett's.

Our fun level increased after we both took the Pistol Skills 2 class at H&H with Will. It was great that we both got good, objective training/instruction and we didn't have to get mad at each other!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! My wife is my favorite range partner...followed by my kids. The family that shoots together, stays together!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed going to the range. Once I finally convinced BB it was fun --and it took some doing-- it was even better. Having a wife who also enjoys going to the range makes a good time even better. I'll be glad when she can start going and having fun again. She goes with me now but I can't imagine that watching other folks shoot is much fun for her (at least that's what she tells me ALL THE TIME! :lookaroun) And the times she does shoot a little she pays for it for a couple of days later.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is awesome my wife tells people (women) all the time women have taken away our rights (gun rights), and we need more women in the gun sport to give them back, so keep up the good work and congradulations.

B

BK7saum

I'd like to know, too.

Would love to see more women in the shooting sports. My wife likes to shoot some and hopefully (fingers crossed), my daughters will enjoy some range time with Dad. They like to help with the reloading right now.

Typically, women have better hand-eye coordination and smaller egos. So they listen and are easier to instruct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom