DATREX Survival Bars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badgebunny,

I'll have some on the B.O.B. weekend, and I'd be willing to break into mine and we can try them together?

Same goes for anyone else who wants to try them.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks but I'm good. This is not something I would stock anyway ... which is why I don't already have some. The fact that it causes you to be thirsty (which I had read in some other places) just seals the deal for me.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bad guys. I was thinking of the Mayday and SOS rations. The Mayday bars are touted as non thirst inducing and I found that to be true. They taste like coconut bars but less sweet and more grainy. I havent tried the DATREX bars.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried a "coconut" flavored DATREX bar at a gun show one time. It was awful. Like, if I had to choose between starving to death and eating one of those bars, I would very seriously consider starving to death.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad guys. I was thinking of the Mayday and SOS rations. The Mayday bars are touted as non thirst inducing and I found that to be true. They taste like coconut bars but less sweet and more grainy. I havent tried the DATREX bars.

Mayday bars are decent they are Apple Cinnamon flavored.
Some company has a bar in about 9 different flavors thats supposed to be pretty good.
I'll see if I can find the name.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a case of Cliff Bar's in my survival stuff that expired 3 years ago. My grandsons have been eating them for the last 2 weeks without any ill effects. I tried one and they still taste okay.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mayday bars are decent they are Apple Cinnamon flavored.
Some company has a bar in about 9 different flavors thats supposed to be pretty good.
I'll see if I can find the name.

Well, im batting 1000 on this aint I? I did mention my tastes are not well evolved didnt I?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom