Deals on gear - Battery Junction and BladeHQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI, Battery Junction is offering a 9% off coupon and Blade HQ has Spyderco Sharp-makers on sale for a killer price of $55

31566_513130245391540_1274538235_n.jpg

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-Sharpmaker--1859

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, tell us what you ordered!

'Ol EZ here convinced me that I needed a Zero Tolerance 0121 knife. Which I probably did. It should be here tomorrow.

Zero tolerance is great stuff and strider is even better. Combine them and it's like heaven opening up and little rays of greatness coming down.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZT knife came in. This thing is a hunk of steel. I was worried about it fitting my hands, as I have medium/average sized hands. However, this thing just feels right in my hand. It looks like a workhorse, although I haven't got to try it out yet. The holster is also very nice. There is no real need for the leather retainer as the kydex does a superb job of retaining the knife. Thanks again for the heads up EZ.

I have a backpacking trip at the end of May and plan on taking it with me to give it a try. I don't think it will replace my MORA buschraft blade with it's scandi/hollow grind. The mora can't be beat for price/utility/weight. But I'll see what the ZT can handle

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up man. I'm rocking a MSR Pocket Rocket right now. I'm looking into getting one of these:

I've got that same MSR stove man (and the Super-Fly, and a Coleman Peak White-gas stove for the uber-high altitudes that I've never been to yet). A friend told me about the $8 Amazon stove a few weeks ago and I thought it was a pretty good deal (he brought his and it worked quite well).

Now this:

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

Dual purpose. I've also used the jetboil in the past. It's an efficient unit, but big and on the heavier side.

Looks awesome. Any reports of it's actual use in the field? I could definitely use that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom