Deer hoist NO Hitch required.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot to take a picture of my deer hanger. It can be taken down into three pieces, but I leave it bolted together for home use. There’s a T foot at the base of the pine tree that you can’t see. It’s really stable.
6FDACF8A-C599-4133-97C0-EB02456ADF17.jpeg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve posted this before, but I built a permanent deer hanger for my OK house.
View attachment 325579
I was going to build one like this but didn't have enough metal. With the price of ordering metal I just bought a receiver mount at academy. I think it was 129 on sale and it came with a winch. I don't think I could have built one and bought a winch much cheaper. I did get to use it yesterday for the first time on a doe and forgot to take a single pic. My wife already reminded me this morning I need to do better with taking more pics.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can watch craiglist for free stuff and turn up a lot of free metal.
Trampolines have good frames for making things.
Old fence posts with concrete on them.
My main part was made from one of those ratcheting load securing poles for a truck bed.

I have had a few people want to give me those things for free.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to build one like this but didn't have enough metal. With the price of ordering metal I just bought a receiver mount at academy. I think it was 129 on sale and it came with a winch. I don't think I could have built one and bought a winch much cheaper. I did get to use it yesterday for the first time on a doe and forgot to take a single pic. My wife already reminded me this morning I need to do better with taking more pics.
Yeah, you did good on the hitch hanger. I think the ratchet winch I bought at Harbor Freight for dragging deer up into my Ranger was $30.

My brother was cleaning out his barn and going to haul off a bunch of pipe, so I took it. That’s what I used to built the OK hanger.

I’ve been thinking it for a while, but now, I’m fairly certain that Swampratt and I are brothers from another mother. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom