Deer hoist NO Hitch required.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was waiting for it to warm up to skin that deer of my buddies so I made a hoist I dreamed up while in the "library" :)

No hitch needed.
But a plate on the bottom needs to be long and thick enough that you can park your vehicle tire on it.

That secures it to the ground.
A chain link is welded onto the back to run a strap over the car and keep it from teetering over.

I found that was not needed for the teetering forward but the left and right movement was brutal so I strapped it .

I need to make the base where there are some outriggers on the left and right.

This is a 3 piece and it just slids together NO pins and it will fit in a car trunk a little less than 4 foot long for the longest piece.

Chain links with notches cut in them to place the winch cable through the link.
A full link on the side to hook the winch (come-a-long).

Man this thing worked very well for hoisting the deer.
I think I will add the outriggers and add a piece that will rest against the rim or tire so it is not on the side of the car.
I put a glove between the hoist and the car.

I got to use the top of the car and the trunk for work table also.
And car acted like a wind block :)
005.JPG

006.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great minds think alike. :thumb:
I dreamed up one similar 25 years ago and will take a picture tomorrow in the daylight. I’ve actually built two and have one at my parent’s barn and one here at my house. There’s probably been a couple hundred deer cleaned on the one at my parent’s place.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s wrong with receiver hitch ones?

Nothing at all wrong with them but this car has a Plastic bumper under the plastic bumper cover.
No good spots to hang a receiver hitch.
I had to improvise .

MAN I wish my buddy would send me the photo of the big hog I killed today and hung on this thing.
Nose to feet it was almost 6 foot hanging.

Not huge but a good test as I bet it was a bit over 200 lb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom