I built the coolest little trailer (for canoe)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will the canoe go right side up or upside down?
My son wanted to do it right side up.
So it will work that way and then rain started coming in and he decided Upside down will be better so I need to make bars for that.

Will you be adding fenders?
Yes i told him fenders will be easy to make but then I will be making them and attaching them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go right side up, it will, haul cargo, like camping supplies, but you have the rain. maybe engineer the arms for either?
Exactly what is being done.
Stake pockets all around the frame just for that.
And he wants to be able to use it as a camper trailer with a platform that will attach to the pockets and pup up your tent on it.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly what is being done.
Stake pockets all around the frame just for that.
And he wants to be able to use it as a camper trailer with a platform that will attach to the pockets and pup up your tent on it.
Sounds like fenders are in order. And if you add USB charging ports and cupholders, you should be set.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has some ground clearance.
I friend told me that trailer would make a great bug out as it is narrow enough to be pulled behind a jeep or a 4 wheeler so you can get to the tight spots deep in the woods.
Easy to stand on it's side in a garage. Only taking up 27" of side space due to 27" tall tires.

Stake pockets of round steel and platform high enough you could add width with an add on platform over the tires.
EEEHHH just a cheap trailer built mostly from scrap.

Things my son had to buy.

Spindles.
Lug nuts.
Wiring and lights.
Screws/ clamps.
Paint.
Welding rod.

:)
LOOKS LIKE MY WELDING!! NO OFFENSE INTENDED!

Latest posts

Top Bottom