Deer Lease Etiquette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a neighbor that does nothing to share in our 3/10 mile private gravel road nor help with the mowing or maintenance of tree limb removal.
In fact when cutting the limbs back because UPS and FedEx drivers said it so overgrown they might have to stop delivery, she drove down the road to chew my a$$ out for killing trees. (Can you guess who she votes for?)
I’ve been grading that road for 30 years to the point it’s as smooth as glass most of the time with a proper crown on it to shed water, yet she tells everyone I don’t know what I’m doing.
For years I was constantly angry about that Danged road.
A couple years ago the wife sat me down and said from here on out, just act like we are the only people living here and it’s our total responsibility to maintain the road both financially and physically. She isn’t going to help, so forget about her and move forward. The stress isn’t worth it.
Sir you have a great wife there. Thankfully I too have one that can draw me down and can sooth my “unagreeableness”.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a land owner my experience is that many do not see the value of hunting private land.
What I think is a bigger issue is how many people treat leased land. I do work for three big deer leases/hunting clubs where the members ride around in side by sides drinking beer and tossing their empty cans into the woods along the roads, and if a deer stand gets in bad shape to where it’s not huntable, they just push it down and leave the debris where it fell and the same with feeders.
These places are all owned by giant timber companies, so no one is really monitoring what goes on. I know most of the guys on these leases and firmly believe they would treat a private individuals place the same just because it’s not theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom