Snagged my 1st Crossbow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To bad you didn't have a crossbow. You probably could have saved your friend a lot of damage to a car.
At that time in Missouri you had to have significant upper body disability signed off by doctor to be legal with crossbow. I have killed 2 bucks with compound and a buck and a doe with takedown recurve. Takedown light easy to carry recurve is my favorite archery. I carried that rig strapped to my backpack frame inside a cardboard mailing tube coated in wax when elk & mulie hunting in Colorado Which is why the coveted McAlister Depot draw is top of bucket list. Taking a big buck with a simple bow and arrow, it is a spiritual thing to me.
I like close encounters, I have 9 whitetails with a 45 Colt Ruger Bisley. 1 with a Ruger Security 6 and 1 with a 41 mag Ruger Redhawk.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At that time in Missouri you had to have significant upper body disability signed off by doctor to be legal with crossbow. I have killed 2 bucks with compound and a buck and a doe with takedown recurve. Takedown light easy to carry recurve is my favorite archery. I carried that rig strapped to my backpack frame inside a cardboard mailing tube coated in wax when elk & mulie hunting in Colorado Which is why the coveted McAlister Depot draw is top of bucket list. Taking a big buck with a simple bow and arrow, it is a spiritual thing to me.
I like close encounters, I have 9 whitetails with a 45 Colt Ruger Bisley. 1 with a Ruger Security 6 and 1 with a 41 mag Ruger Redhawk.
You haven't drawn a MCAAP tag yet? I know guys that have drawn in several times in the last 15 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom