Looking for a place to hunt coyote, I got one for you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonestar_Okie

Marksman
Reaction score
Trapping coyotes is not the easiest thing to do. They are probably the hardest thing to put in a leg hold. Leave any smell around, and the trap will never get triggered by anything but a coon or possum.
My problem with trapping is I never end up trapping what I want usually always end up with a possum

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My problem with trapping is I never end up trapping what I want usually always end up with a possum
Set your pan tension stiffer where only the weight of a coyote or large bobcat will depress the pan(2-3lbs). Or buy some MB550 or MB650 that are preset for the most part. If you don't have dogs around the house, you'll be amazed how many coyotes you can trap, because they won't think anything about human scent at your sets, your scent is everywhere already around the house and chicken coops.

Lonestar_Okie

Marksman
Reaction score
Set your pan tension stiffer where only the weight of a coyote or large bobcat will depress the pan(2-3lbs). Or buy some MB550 or MB650 that are preset for the most part. If you don't have dogs around the house, you'll be amazed how many coyotes you can trap, because they won't think anything about human scent at your sets, your scent is everywhere already around the house and chicken coops.
A couple folks contacted me looking to try hunting them. I can look into trapping again, I admit I don’t know a lot about trapping.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to like coyotes until they nabbed two pets from a friend on Clear Springs Rd., Mustang.
The pets were let out as usual to do their stuff and were always 50 feet from the door. Then then they
just vanished on different nights. Small dogs. Sad. Now it's coons getting the chickens.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the rules so you may check with a Game Warden but I would probably go grab 5-6 traps and keep them set around the house.

Coyote​

Statewide: open year-round
No daily, season or possession limit.
See General Regulations for additional regulations.
Open statewide year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and/or any sight dog.

Lonestar_Okie

Marksman
Reaction score

Coyote​

Open statewide year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and/or any sight dog.

Coyote​

Thermal and night vision are perfectly acceptable though I have lost one dog though to coyotes small terrier

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well if the hunting doesn't work out let me know I'll show you how if you'd like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom