Deer processing group.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d recommend stay away from the hand crank grinders. They normally suck. A $100 electric grinder from cabelas or academy will serve you well.

Not just used for venison either. Having a meat grinder opens up lots of culinary doors. Fresh ground chuck for burgers is the best! We often buy reduced meats from the grocery store then take it home, debone, grind/freeze. Also I often do tough chickens (like butchering a mature rooster) by just skinning instead of plucking, then deboned and ground up. Ground chicken is good in chilli, pasta sauce, seasoned for tacos, etc
$100 is beyond our means right now.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$100 is beyond our means right now.
I run my hand crank with electric drill. Slow and steady with trimmed meat. Having the meat cold helps. I keep smaller amount of meat I am trimming and grinding in a stainless steel pot in an ice chest with frozen water jugs. I sometimes just put it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to stiffen for easier cutting ànd grinding.

I bone out deer in the field when I can and only hang bigger bucks unless weather is too warm.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We keep the chunks (cut up/trimmed) for grinding in freezer until done hunting for the season. Set it out just long enough to get softened a little. Grind it all at one time. Cleaning the grinder takes longer than grinding 3 or 4 deer meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom