Deer Processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The place in Guthrie is Sallie Meat Processing. Only open during deer season and they do a good job, but they are expensive, just like everyone else. They also tend to get backlogged quickly. They offer euro mounts as well. I think it's $50 upfront, $65 or so when you pick it up. That's JUST for the mount, no wood.

Really though if you can afford a processor, you can afford a nice grinder and the necessary stuff to go with it. You end up with meat you KNOW is your deer, and can put just the right amount of beef fat in it. we like to take raw beef fat and run it through the grinder first to get little pellets (It also greases up the grinder). then we can mix it perfectly in the proportions we want. 10% worked well and makes for the BEST venison burgers I've ever had.

Dang my mouth is watering.. Come on October 1st!!!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I process 6-12 a year for myself and relatives. (plus a few hogs, usually)
I use a hand grinder, some sharp knives, and a vacuum sealer. (I also have a wife that can slice and dice with the best of them)
We can get a couple deer done right in an afternoon. I don't trim the grind meat much, haven't needed to.
I'd go broke paying someone else to process that much. Only exception:
I take some of the boned out meat to Siegi's, and get brats and summer sausage made. They do a fantastic job.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can find plenty of ways to cook them. I'm just partial to Steven Rinella's methods. He seems to be very well studied in the culinary arts, for a backwoods Northern Michigan type.

I grilled up a couple of them last season. Even my 4 year old niece loved them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom