Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wanted to go since she hadn't got a deer yet (neither have I) and it was our last chance. So, after four night shifts and 3 hours sleep I went to the lease and got her spot set up (she was meeting me there). I had 4 doe and a button buck come in at 4:30 and stayed about an hour. The lead doe was a hog and ran all the others off the feeder and stayed there till she ate it ALL. I wasn't mad at 'em enough to want to dress a doe in the dark, so I let em do their thing. They all ended up at my wife's blind across the hill right at sunset and she made sure the others get some corn. So, I ended up dressing that doe anyway.:homer:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife wanted to go since she hadn't got a deer yet (neither have I) and it was our last chance. So, after four night shifts and 3 hours sleep I went to the lease and got her spot set up (she was meeting me there). I had 4 doe and a button buck come in at 4:30 and stayed about an hour. The lead doe was a hog and ran all the others off the feeder and stayed there till she ate it ALL. I wasn't mad at 'em enough to want to dress a doe in the dark, so I let em do their thing. They all ended up at my wife's blind across the hill right at sunset and she made sure the others get some corn. So, I ended up dressing that doe anyway.:homer:
Congrats to your wife's doe!
I never even thought about this being the last day. Time to start thinking about some controlled burns and getting the feeders cleaned out. I didn't do that last year so when it came fall season and time to fill them it was a black goo that stunk to high heaven. With no water source there, I had to come back with the spray rig on the tractor that has a wand on it to clean the drums out. Nasty stuff.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to your wife's doe!
I never even thought about this being the last day. Time to start thinking about some controlled burns and getting the feeders cleaned out. I didn't do that last year so when it came fall season and time to fill them it was a black goo that stunk to high heaven. With no water source there, I had to come back with the spray rig on the tractor that has a wand on it to clean the drums out. Nasty stuff.
We gotta make sure and do a 2019 controlled burn pics thread this year. I know we'll be burnin several thousand acres. There's something pretty cool about watching a fire leap across the country. WHEN YOU WANT IT TO OFCOURSE!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We gotta make sure and do a 2019 controlled burn pics thread this year. I know we'll be burnin several thousand acres. There's something pretty cool about watching a fire leap across the country. WHEN YOU WANT IT TO OFCOURSE!
I've posted some night time pics of controlled burns, but they are small in scale. Food plot areas.
Around here in Osage county the ranchers do controlled burns on thousands of acres that is interesting to watch.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes,congrats to your wife on the last day doe!
Dennis, I don’t know what that black nasty goo is but I had a couple feeders do that once. When we cleaned them out, there were grub like worms in the goo. It was really nasty. I got a gallon of vanilla flavor at the restaurant supply store and let it soak in the barrel. Solved the odor problem and viola, vanilla scented corn

Latest posts

Top Bottom