Deer Season - I've got the itch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got a cam out this afternoon. Called 3 places for coyotes, no coyotes but called up a bobcat and a doe at each place. Lot's of cat tracks in the mud along the roads, encouraging.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a crossbow so I can hunt when I take my son out for youth season. Well that and I've wanted one for a while. Just gave me an excuse!

Will be doing some tree triming, mowing and setting up my stands in a week or so. I can't wait. I anticipate deer season more than Christmas.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I DID IT AGAIN! Went out and grabbed my trailcam this weekend only to find 250 pictures of grass blowing in the wind! The SD card maxed out in three days. Do I need to set my cam sensitivity to low? I'm using a Primos Truth Cam 35. I did the same thing last week but it was a limb.

I pulled the cam and am going to set it somewhere else. Help me out here.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about that cam, but I weed eat if needed, face cam to the north or west only, and put the cam about 4'-5' off the ground(depending on terrain).

edit: meant to say north or northwest.........I try to always avoid east, south, west if possible

Last edited:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
went out this weekend to scout a spot or two on the farm for a tree stand and spotted a few good 3.5+ deer one good sized Doe and two Bucks. One month from Bow Season cant wait.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I DID IT AGAIN! Went out and grabbed my trailcam this weekend only to find 250 pictures of grass blowing in the wind! The SD card maxed out in three days. Do I need to set my cam sensitivity to low? I'm using a Primos Truth Cam 35. I did the same thing last week but it was a limb.

I pulled the cam and am going to set it somewhere else. Help me out here.

YES !!!
The Truth 35s need to be set on Low
I had mine in medium and it did the same thing. Now Put them on Low and it's not a problem any more.

250 pics maxing out your card? You need a bigger card due! I normally have a couple thousand pics every time I check my cams. Use at least a 2 gig card

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did some live scouting this weekend and picked up 4 bucks and a doe running together, one yearling, two two-year-olds and a mature 3.5+ (he's bringing up the rear, and has a pronounced black snout.) they were in no hurry, but were spooky. got within 75 yards of my location.

attachment.php

Attachments

• new-2.JPG
    new-2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 280

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant wait to get out there in the woods.....

We got notice today that we have a big inspection Nov 14-24th so my scheduled leave is cancelled and rifle season is out the window..........

Im thankful for a long archery season and public land very close to home!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom