Deer whistle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where you working now?
I'll be the odd man out here , several years ago had some friends living up near alluwe. She drove a 70s Buick that was a literal boat. That car was so beat up to say it was totalled was complementary. She had hit 13 deer and it was literally destroyed. But she didn't want a new car to be tore up. Finally her husband put some of those whistles on there and she didn't hit any more deer so she swore by them.he on the other hand had them on his then new 85 ford truck and never hit a deer except one. That collision by the way was strangest I ever saw. He hit that deer doing probably around 70 down highway.didnt break grill,not a dent anywhere on truck nothing. Except for one thing. It somehow folded double the fan blade on that old 300 six cylinder. I picked him up we went to salvage bought fan blade.put it on and he drove that truck for years. To this day I don't know how that could have happened.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those whistles are made to scare the deer, causing them to run. Most likely right in front of you. The bright lights blind the deer and they will run into the dark behind the light, side of vehicle. We had the whistles on our patrol cars out in west Texas and were hitting more deer, so the whistles got removed. When in areas were there are lots of deer slow down and watch for them. try not to be the follower in a line of cars. The first usually gets by then the deer runs and one of the cars following hits it. Slow down and watch for eyes or the deer, if one goes by there probably is another behind it. If you see you can not miss one do not get on the brakes, get on the gas and try to get the front end to come up. You do not want one the hit high in the frontend and come over the hood into the windshield,

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an electronic deer deterrent whistle on my Goldwing. Must work as I haven't hit one yet in 16 years. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom