Defense Attorney Critical...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me skeptical, but I see this media appearance by Homsey as a way to get his name out there for the public to recognize. Though maybe that is a good thing for us SDA license holders, with the way the Ersland case was defended and verdict given.

I was born in OKC in 1963 and grew up hearing Mickey Homsey's name in the local media. He didn't just drive up yesterday.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is hard to believe that Mr. Ersland was charged with 1st degree murder.

Make's you think that "the powers that be" were embarrassed by the national publicity and charged him excessively because they wanted to demonstrate to the world that "We don't tolerate such counter violence by citizens here."

i fixed it fer ya

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the fall of 1995 when a thug who called himself "BamBam" escaped from a jail in New Mexico. He made his way to OKC and shot a Warr Acres city detective who was moonlighting as security in a Wal Mart. BamBam, being the most wanted man in central Oklahoma, found an all night diner with four police cars in the parking lot and goes in to have breakfast with them. They confronted BamBam and BamBam went for his gun and they pulled their's first and shot BamBam over 30 times. BamBam was known in certain circles as "the guy who got Glocked."

Of course, that was back in the days before video cameras were everywhere...

May be wrong but that was at a Denny's and thought he was in there first seated in a booth and something like 42 rounds fired by the four officers who arrived looking for him.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree... If the thugs had not been trying to rob him then this would have never happened. A hard working man minding his own business until this happened.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was born in OKC in 1963 and grew up hearing Mickey Homsey's name in the local media. He didn't just drive up yesterday.

Oh I don't know him from Adam, and certainly am not questioning his competency or acumen. But it does seem a bit like politicking or otherwise advertising. Just my two cents.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I don't know him from Adam, and certainly am not questioning his competency or acumen. But it does seem a bit like politicking or otherwise advertising. Just my two cents.

Trust me, it is politicking. I, if I were a betting man, would bet that he called Reid up. Reid did not call him. Of course, I could be incorrect as I often am, and maybe Reid who really doesn't (my opinion) care for Prater called him Mickey. Reid had a pretty good relationship with Wes Lane.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not sure. It was a long time ago. But I am certain BamBam was the "Guy Who Got Glocked." Good thing Prater wasn't the DA...

I remember the "BamBam" Glock incident. I also remember last winter when the two Perry police officers shot a robber 8 times in the chest because he pointed a "ice scrapper" at them. He was the one who had stolen the " Red Bull" soft drink. They called it suicide by cop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom