Dehydrators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll tell you about a neat dehydrator that Alton Brown showed on food tv.

Air filters.

He used two air filters like you buy for you AC system with the fiberglass mesh or paper mesh, either one.
Put your jerky in between the two filters and fasten with string.
Put it in the window and allow for a breeze.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
220 volt and big enough for a buffalo, put everything in it and then vacuum seal it until you are ready to eat it.
Will last a lifetime and even your neighbors will be knocking your doors down for some.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking for a normal size one, get one with a fan to cut your drying time in half.

We have one that has stackable layers. You can start it as soon as you have one shelf done, then add as you go.
We have dried anything from deer jurkey, to bananas and fruit roll ups. (The fruit roll ups are not worth it.)
For apples, get a peeler that will do the spiral cut a the same time, then make one cut down the side to have
perfect apple rings!

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used one of the inexpensive stacked round tray models for years and it worked great. Several models on Amazon to choose from.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Ronco(round stackable trays) that just wont die. When it does I will look at one with a fan although the reviews of them on Amazon are hit and miss, and my Ronco keeps on tickin'...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of the cheap ones with just the heating element, and used the nicer ones with the recirculating fans, and they are far superior. You might check on Overstock.com, and some places like those. If you are buying a new one, plan on around $200 for a nice one. I kind of feel like buy it right the first time and cry once....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nesco Garden Master. I haven't used it for anything but jerky, but it is expandable to 30 trays. I am using a dozen trays at the moment. It works great and extra trays come in 2 packs. I watch my dehydration times for a couple batches after buying 2 more trays. If the time doesn't drop any or very little, I buy another set of extra trays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom