Dewalt Battery Options - Knockoff or Dewalt Brand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have just about every 20V Dewalt tool there is with a lot of Dewalt batteries. I have two 20v 6Ah and one 20v 8Ah that are dead. They wont charge at all. I have done all the YouTube tricks, like wiring them to a fully charged battery to jump them, but it hasn’t worked.
My question is, have any of you out there tried the off brand batteries like below? They are a lot cheaper than the name brand Dewalt batteries but wasn’t sure if they are as good. I Know we pay a lot just for the name brand. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0528.jpeg
IMG_0527.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have with my Milwaukee tools. The aftermarket batteries have cases that are typically not as durable, and may be slightly inferior in terms of battery life, but for a fraction of the cost, they're well worth the investment in my book. Not all knockoff/aftermarket batteries are made equal though, so you may have to do a little research or trial and error before getting some great ones. I just read some reviews on amazon and played eenie meenie miney mo and have done pretty well.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about now, but a few years ago they wanted more to rebuild them then you could buy new batteries for.
I think now, batteries are more expensive and it may be feasible to have them rebuilt.
I don't have any current experience with Dewalt, but Milwaukee knock off batteries have an absolute trash reputation at work and we use them a lot

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have maybe a dozen tools after receiving a drill, I always buy the generics as they last just as long as dewalt in my experience.

I have a dozen most the yellow ones above, for around $55 for 2 that’s a deal.
Haven’t had any fail to charge in 5 years. The neighbor lady broke one after dropping my chain saw she was trimming with.

The last ones I brought were 7 amps.
For around $55 for two you can’t go wrong imo.

my .02

IMG_3453.jpeg

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have just about every 20V Dewalt tool there is with a lot of Dewalt batteries. I have two 20v 6Ah and one 20v 8Ah that are dead. They wont charge at all. I have done all the YouTube tricks, like wiring them to a fully charged battery to jump them, but it hasn’t worked.
My question is, have any of you out there tried the off brand batteries like below? They are a lot cheaper than the name brand Dewalt batteries but wasn’t sure if they are as good. I Know we pay a lot just for the name brand. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 433554View attachment 433555
How often do you use the batteries? I use cordless tools all the time and I've found that once the batteries have lost their ability to charge, I toss them. They can only last so long.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
After reading your responses and doing a little research myself, it looks like the Waitley batteries are the best. Bang for the buck. Appreciate your input.

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How often do you use the batteries? I use cordless tools all the time and I've found that once the batteries have lost their ability to charge, I toss them. They can only last so long.
I mainly use them on the weekends. I a big time DIY’er and I am always building something on the weekend. I do a lot of deck building as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom