Dewalt Battery Options - Knockoff or Dewalt Brand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mainly use them on the weekends. I a big time DIY’er and I am always building something on the weekend. I do a lot of deck building as well.
Do you use the batteries until they are completely drawn down and then charge them? I used to throw them on chargers at the end of the day even if they didn't need it. I changed to charging them at they were completely drawn down and noticed that the batteries lasted much longer.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you use the batteries until they are completely drawn down and then charge them? I used to throw them on chargers at the end of the day even if they didn't need it. I changed to charging them at they were completely drawn down and noticed that the batteries lasted much longer.
Yes I have found the same, I use them until they are fully discharged before putting them back on the charger to charge.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my Dewalt batteries gave up the ghost, I treied aftermarket ones and some were poor and yet otehrs were good and I;m still using them. I believe I bought them off of Amazon.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have just about every 20V Dewalt tool there is with a lot of Dewalt batteries. I have two 20v 6Ah and one 20v 8Ah that are dead. They wont charge at all. I have done all the YouTube tricks, like wiring them to a fully charged battery to jump them, but it hasn’t worked.
My question is, have any of you out there tried the off brand batteries like below? They are a lot cheaper than the name brand Dewalt batteries but wasn’t sure if they are as good. I Know we pay a lot just for the name brand. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 433554View attachment 433555
I bought these off Amazon. They last about 2/3's as long as original. Problem I had was they wouldn't fit in my DeWalt charger correctly. Had to keep tweeking them to make connection, just wouldn't fit tight in the charger. So I thought maybe the knock-off batteries would fit a knock-off charger. Bought that one in the picture, and sure enough, they fit like a charm. Made the cost if the batteries higher overall, but i plan on buying a few more, so it should work out. Don't know how long of a life span they have yet.

Attachments

• 20231203_093946.jpg
    20231203_093946.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought these off Amazon. They last about 2/3's as long as original. Problem I had was they wouldn't fit in my DeWalt charger correctly. Had to keep tweeking them to make connection, just wouldn't fit tight in the charger. So I thought maybe the knock-off batteries would fit a knock-off charger. Bought that one in the picture, and sure enough, they fit like a charm. Made the cost if the batteries higher overall, but i plan on buying a few more, so it should work out. Don't know how long of a life span they have yet.
I apologize, that battery didn't show up very well.

Attachments

• 20231203_095947.jpg
    20231203_095947.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks for this.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wound up buying a couple of Whitley 20v, 9ah batteries for $120 instead of going back with Dewalt batteries. They have good reviews and they connect to my Dewalt charges and charge great. Time will tell how well they hold up but I’m pretty happy with the price. Thanks for the help!

IMG_8349.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up buying a couple of Whitley 20v, 9ah batteries for $120 instead of going back with Dewalt batteries. They have good reviews and they connect to my Dewalt charges and charge great. Time will tell how well they hold up but I’m pretty happy with the price. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 440047
9.0 amp hour would outwork many on here but I could see you running one down and needing the 2nd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom