Did Cummins go woke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think? Large Indiana employers Eli Lilly and Cummins speak out about the state's new restrictive abortion law

Cummins, an engine manufacturing company that also employs about 10,000 people in Indiana, spoke out over the weekend against the new law as well.

“The right to make decisions regarding reproductive health ensures that women have the same opportunity as others to participate fully in our workforce and that our workforce is diverse,” a company spokesman said in a statement.

“There are provisions in the law that conflict with this, impact our people, impede our ability to attract and retain top talent and influence our decisions as we continue to grow our footprint with a focus on selecting welcoming and inclusive environments,” the Cummins spokesman said.”

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cummins has been woke for a long time. They were one of the first to push hard for emissions regulations and have benefitted financially from said regulation for "climate change". Emissions is what drove Cat out of the US market, so you could say go woke, go broke didn't apply to them.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think? Large Indiana employers Eli Lilly and Cummins speak out about the state's new restrictive abortion law

Cummins, an engine manufacturing company that also employs about 10,000 people in Indiana, spoke out over the weekend against the new law as well.

“The right to make decisions regarding reproductive health ensures that women have the same opportunity as others to participate fully in our workforce and that our workforce is diverse,” a company spokesman said in a statement.

“There are provisions in the law that conflict with this, impact our people, impede our ability to attract and retain top talent and influence our decisions as we continue to grow our footprint with a focus on selecting welcoming and inclusive environments,” the Cummins spokesman said.”
What a woke crock of **** all that is. I think it is clear they have a very woke PR strategy at the very least, if not their entire leadership. Why is it when someone hits a pregnant woman and kills the baby it is murder, but when a mother kills her baby its... "a choice"

It is apparent that the USA just isn't the same, and may never be again. Rocky road ahead, and not the kind you get in the frozen section. Like John Adams said, our constitution was designed for a religious and moral people and is wholly inadequate for any other.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It always amazes me when a company suddenly decides the world “needs to know” their opinion on a political or social issue. I mean, did anyone, and I mean ANYONE ever ask themselves “Gee, I wonder what a manufacturer of diesel engines has to say about this?”.

Did anyone at the company THINK how this public stance might effect the bottom line?

Coca Cola?
Adidas?
Dick's?
CtD?

Cummins made a statement in '94 supporting the AWB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom