Did Sig's 1911s used to have internal extractors or am I imagining that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the models I've seen lately have external extractors and I could have sworn that several I looked at in the past had internal extractors.

Anyone know anything about their external extractor setup? Is it reliable? Is it a part that can be purchased generically (like, will a S&W 1911 extractor fit)? Anyone have 1-5k rounds through one that cares to share how reliable they are over the long-haul?

Just curious as to how reliable they are.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the old S&W EEs won't fit because they were a completely different size. E-series might. I've yet to see any problems posted from Sig's EE setup, I owned a Sig 1911 Target for awhile and it ran perfectly, good guns IMO.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1697

Hilton Yam consistently dogs Sig's external extractor for being located too high in the slide/grabbing too high on the rim.

Hilton brings up good points but he kinda goes whichever way the wind blows. He said the same thing about S&W's original EEs. When the E-series came out he praised them to no end.... even when his test gun had a EE retainer pin fall out. Guess that was a non issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom