Diesel pusher motohome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CAT got out of the on-road diesel engine business in 2010.

I would not recommend a CAT engine built after 2007. The ACERT engines were very troublesome.

Some have had all the emissions components removed. If you buy one of those make sure whomever did it knew what they were doing. You likely won’t get a OEM dealer to work on it either.

If you’re looking for one that old probably ought to be a Bluebird or Beaver. Best of luck.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How deep are your dang pockets? How old you wanting? You may be diving into a half million dollar or more purchase. This could be an interesting thread. If you want to keep it "local" Newell Coach are very highend and custom made to order in Miami, OK. Me personally would prefer the best dually and 5th wheel I could buy and still pay less than half what a higher end 40' diesel pusher is going to cost you. Next up would be a super nice Super C Motorhome. Interested to see what you go with.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How deep are your dang pockets? How old you wanting? You may be diving into a half million dollar or more purchase. This could be an interesting thread. If you want to keep it "local" Newell Coach are very highend and custom made to order in Miami, OK. Me personally would prefer the best dually and 5th wheel I could buy and still pay less than half what a higher end 40' diesel pusher is going to cost you. Next up would be a super nice Super C Motorhome. Interested to see what you go with.
All this plus you would need a vehicle towed behind a motor home if you want to visit local sites or make a grocery run once the RV is set. I’ve personally found a truck and 5th wheel to be my preferred combination. The truck doubles as my daily driver and the vehicle to tow my 5th wheel. Once I set the 5th wheel at a camp site / RV park, the truck is available for running around. You can get all the amenities you want in a 5th wheel. Mine has a full size residential refrigerator with water dispenser / ice maker, an electric fireplace, a washer / dryer combo, central vacuum system, and heated / massage theater seating. The main air conditioning unit is also a heat pump which is great for when temps are 40 degrees and above.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this plus you would need a vehicle towed behind a motor home if you want to visit local sites or make a grocery run once the RV is set. I’ve personally found a truck and 5th wheel to be my preferred combination. The truck doubles as my daily driver and the vehicle to tow my 5th wheel. Once I set the 5th wheel at a camp site / RV park, the truck is available for running around. You can get all the amenities you want in a 5th wheel. Mine has a full size residential refrigerator with water dispenser / ice maker, an electric fireplace, a washer / dryer combo, central vacuum system, and heated / massage theater seating. The main air conditioning unit is also a heat pump which is great for when temps are 40 degrees and above.
I've consider this because I had a 5er before but I want to experience more and other stuff. Not to say I won't sell the motorhome and go back to a 5er. I'm looking at a Toyota 4 runner to tow behind.
My pockets aren't a million deep but I've seen some nice units for under $200k, just don't know alot about brands.
And as said earlier, if a CAT isn't an option, a Cummins works too.
I knew there was a factory in Miami but don't know squat about their brand either.
I can sell my house (paid off house) today for around $260k and that will buy a nice rig and tow vehicle without touching my bank account much.
I appreciate all the input and advice but im not getting a 5er I don't think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom