Different boots in summer vs winter? Share your favorites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously for specific tasks you will wear specific boots, but I am talking about casual or multi-purpose boots/shoes.

I am trying to figure this out myself because many of the boots I like are waterproof and are very hot in the summertime.

However, I also wanted folks to share their favorites for winter or summer or just in general.

I like these a lot and although they work well for their specific purpose as boat boots (because of the sole design), I like them as casual boots for any season except summer. They come in two colors and I use one pair for the boat and one pair for casual; very comfortable and they also make them in low-top (I've seen Bill Dance using the low-tops).

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/world-wide-sportsman-blue-water-waterproof-chukka-boots-for-men-tan

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redwing Pecos uninsulated steel toe for the last 30 or more years summer and winter. Had foot issues till I started wearing them, problems went away. Only issue I have with them now is I used to get 2 yrs out of a pair, now barely a year before insole starts breaking down.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have these sperry boots and absolutely love them. I’ve worn them for everything since last January, they were my snow boots in Colorado, hunting boots, wear around town boots, everything. The only wear on them is some scuffs on the toe, and the laces are gonna need replaced soon. They’re pretty sloppy with thin “shoe” socks, but really fit beautifully with some good heavy socks. They’re even roomy while wearing liner socks, ski socks, and custom insoles. The insulation and waterproofing is still good, but they’re not too warm or stuffy. I can wear them 8 months out of the year. The lining really makes them comfy even when laced tight, like wearing pillows, and I’ve always been a western boot guy.

When it’s hot I tend to just wear trail running shoes for outdoor/off-road needs, I really like altras.

I got away from western style boots due to foot problems, and they just wouldn’t last for me. When working as a mechanic chasing frac crews Arit’s and Justin’s would last one or two dunks in the blender containment pit with biocide or acid and they would no longer be waterproof. They would also just be worn out within a year. Twisted x’s would last maybe 4 or 5 dunks and also be worn out in a year. They’re all also just rough on my feet. Sucks, cause I really like them.
https://www.sperry.com/en/ice-bay-t...STS19998#cgid=men-shoes-boots-chukkas&start=1

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am going to have to wear them in the cold, I MUCH prefer composite or carbon fiber safety toes over steel. Darn Tough makes a steel toe specific winter sock that has extra thickness all the way around the toes to help keep the steel from stealing heat from your foot.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am going to have to wear them in the cold, I MUCH prefer composite or carbon fiber safety toes over steel. Darn Tough makes a steel toe specific winter sock that has extra thickness all the way around the toes to help keep the steel from stealing heat from your foot.
Darn tough socks are awesome. Expensive, but awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom