Different boots in summer vs winter? Share your favorites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a pair of 8" Hawx moc toe boots off eBay new for $100 cheaper than the price here because one of the quick lace things was missing. They're a beautiful heavy leather boot that you can wear for about 30 minutes then you want to throw them out the window they're so stiff. I've oiled & oiled them they're just stiff uncomfortable but nice looking boots . I'm a sucker for moctoe boots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222-183843-072.png
    Screenshot_20221222-183843-072.png
    653.6 KB · Views: 0

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to wear whites 375"s for many many years and send them back to be rebuilt. seems like i would get about two years out of them before rebuild and usually could rebuild them three or four times. i still have a couple of pair around the house somewhere.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going on 3 years with a pair of Durango Ultra-light boots.

I replace the insoles once a year and keep wearing them. Summer and Winter, wet or dry. Made in China but they are holding up very well.

I do have an old beat up pair of Ariat boots I wear when I know I'll do something that'll tear them up though.

It's time for another polish...

20221222_202832.jpg

Attachments

• 20221222_202812.jpg
    20221222_202812.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a pair of 8" Hawx moc toe boots off eBay new for $100 cheaper than the price here because one of the quick lace things was missing. They're a beautiful heavy leather boot that you can wear for about 30 minutes then you want to throw them out the window they're so stiff. I've oiled & oiled them they're just stiff uncomfortable but nice looking boots . I'm a sucker for moctoe boots
I got a pair of these and was shocked. ZERO breakin required. They are the most comfortable leather boots I've ever worn and I tried them all when I was working in shops. I'm completely sold on Thorogood boots now.

O/P I have a pair of Danner 8" East Ridge (no longer made). I love them but wish I had bought the insulated version. Even with wool socks my feet freeze when setting in a blind. That's on me though not the boots.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a pair of these and was shocked. ZERO breakin required. They are the most comfortable leather boots I've ever worn and I tried them all when I was working in shops. I'm completely sold on Thorogood boots now.

O/P I have a pair of Danner 8" East Ridge (no longer made). I love them but wish I had bought the insulated version. Even with wool socks my feet freeze when setting in a blind. That's on me though not the boots.
I wish I'd have spent the money on good boots like yours.

These boots I've got are like a drag queen. From a distance they look the part but upon closer inspection they're not what you're after

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I get ready for a new pair, I’m going to seriously consider Beck Boots (beckboots.com). A member brought them to my attention in another thread awhile back. A pair of custom made boots for around $400. They’re out of Amarillo, TX.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I get ready for a new pair, I’m going to seriously consider Beck Boots (beckboots.com). A member brought them to my attention in another thread awhile back. A pair of custom made boots for around $400. They’re out of Amarillo, TX.
Lots of the cowboys around here have Becks & the really brag about them holding up good

Latest posts

Top Bottom