Direct TV Subscribers...help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Weather related service outages, Provided you have a clear view of the sky unless you have snow/ice in the parabola, or a storm so strong it affects cable as well because it interrupts their satellite feeds you should not have weather related outages. If you do your installer is a hack. There is an acceptable signal level and then there's what I call dead nuts accurate. I worked with a guy who went and started his own sales installation and service company and he was a perfectionist. 2 of my neighbors at my complex about 12 years ago had direct TV one installed by him the other one by someone else. The one he installed never went out, the other neighbor finally took my advice and paid him to come align his dish, and then had no more problems either.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for snow & ice on the dish, I have a heat gun and an 8 ft 2"x2" that I tape the gun to. Had 3/4" of ice on the dish and transponder about 8 yrs ago and it only took about 30 minutes to get the TV working again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom