"School" me on Directv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had Directv for around a decade. It's a love/hate relationship and I would cancel it as soon as March Madness is over but my wife overrules me when it comes to the TV. Overall I like Directv very much but it is too expensive and as others have pointed out a pain to deal with customer service.

Last summer we were having lots of issues with channels that lost signal. I called and customer service informed me that there would be a fee to come out. I informed them that I had no intention of paying to have something fixed that I am paying a monthly fee to use. They didn't charge me and replaced the satellite that had had ice damage and replaced the receiver that was having the issue.

My mother has Dish and I have dealt with them on her behalf and prefer Directv. They're both snakes but Directv a little less in my experience.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been considering switching to them from Cox. They've marketed really aggressively in our area. I like Cox, but they have raised our bill every year. This past year was the worst when they made us pay extra for each additional tv to get the digital boxes.

It seems risky to switch because directv requires a 2 year contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're ready, contact one of the DirecTV subscribers in this thread for a referral savings of $100. ($10 off on the first 10 statements)

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
After 15 years, we just ditched DirecTV for Cox Cable. Their packaged TV, Internet and Phone are saving us about $50 a month over recTV and Bixby Telephone/Internet. I have locked in a price for 24 months. If they jack up pricing after then I'm sure DirecTV will have a welcome back package.
Also we found that at least a third of their 220 channels were always trying to sell me something.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with what you know. Never been happier than with DirecTV. If you're not happy with the person you speak with, hang up! Big difference getting a new person on the line. Works for any thing you have an issue with.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Direct and HATED it. Of the 5 zillion channels they had, most of them were info-mercial channels or mexican channels. Then to top it off, during bad weather, reception was horrible when I needed it the most.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first time ever having a dish in my life and I've had directtv for about 7 months now. It's been fine in bad weather but the channel selection is crap compared to my old uverse package.

I'm a cheap SOB but is rather pay more for uverse and get the channels I want.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Dish now for about 15 years.....I love it.....the newest Hopper receiver has 16 tuners....yes 16....you can also add a "over the air" dongle, put an antenna on it and add a 17th tuner.....never have any recording conflicts....It also passes thru 4K content if you have a 4K TV. You can also add 2TB external hard drives to it to increase your DVR capacity.
I have no skin in this game, other than I just like Dish Network.

Latest posts

Top Bottom