Dish network: Satellite Aiming and portable dish guru's help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, so i have a family camp out im going to next week and i want to be able to watch the games coming on.

I have dishnetwork as my services with dish 120+ for background.

I was gave a satellite dish from dishnetwork. it says DishHD500 on it physically.
it has 2 lnb on it and there are 4 sets of coax coming out of the bottom off it, each lnb has 2 coax going into it.

iv spent hours with my reciever plugging the coax into each sat coax plug searching for signal, i finally got signal on 1 of them. so now i have 3 coax from the sat dish left. i find tuned the dish on the one that worked till i got 80% signal strength. (dish on my house only has 58 and it gets all channels)
i tried replugging in the other 3 sat coax spots and got not signal but just out of this one. now my big question is i get about 8 channels and thats it max!, it keeps saying im either out of the area or loss of signal or something else.

does anyone know what im going wrong or work for a sat company or has a son who works for a sat company?

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the dish was previously my grandparents and it worked fine for them they just switched to cox. its been sitting on their building for about 8 months then i took it off yesterday.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the reciever is a vip211 hd reciever, the lnbs say digital lnb.., it's saying its locked on to 119 and 110 on my signal strength.

that being said the dish had 2 lnbs and the on the western most end says 110 next to it on the plastic and the one most eastern side says 119 on it and im getting signal from the 119 coax thats coming out.

ill attach photos in a second

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can go to Radio Shack or an RV place and buy a device for $10 to $15 to help you aim the dish. That might be the problem. You might do a quick comparison to what you already have as well to make sure they are the same. Using that speaker stand to hold the dish is a nice setup. Good luck with the game and the campout.

Latest posts

Top Bottom