DIY project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the basket looked fine on his, but mine not so much for some reason
View attachment 106101

I did not want to say anything but it is to long for your application which is an easy fix, and looking at the welds in the pics I think there was a bunch of surface welding happening there by the way the welds are pooled/piled so thick. If you use it you may want to stress test it before you load it out. Take a 5lb sledge to some of the corners and the mounting point welds and give them a good whack.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not want to say anything but it is to long for your application which is an easy fix, and looking at the welds in the pics I think there was a bunch of surface welding happening there by the way the welds are pooled/piled so thick. If you use it you may want to stress test it before you load it out. Take a 5lb sledge to some of the corners and the mounting point welds and give them a good whack.
Yeah, those welds were just wrong. Lots of grinder time ahead to thin those down, and do a good weld.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, those welds were just wrong. Lots of grinder time ahead to thin those down, and do a good weld.

Well horse crap, I was thinking I was getting a good to go system. Still happy with it, paid 125 for it, cheaper than anything compairable on offroad websites, and alot better than walmart/amazon baskets in the same price range. Ohh well, will try and test ot and try to find an aluminum welder in my area.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 96 Grand Cherokee several years back. They are very cheap to lift and make great off road toys. You can find about everything you need at a Pull-A-Part.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well horse crap, I was thinking I was getting a good to go system. Still happy with it, paid 125 for it, cheaper than anything compairable on offroad websites, and alot better than walmart/amazon baskets in the same price range. Ohh well, will try and test ot and try to find an aluminum welder in my area.

You still got a good deal on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New sub 40$ project coming soon. I do alot of trails on lake eufaula in wooded/brush areas. This should help.

15067825509351221130404.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom