Do I fix or forget?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you can find exactly what was used for the jeweling, you cannot make it match. You might get close if you can find a small round steel brush that size and chuck it in a drill press.
How ever it will not look the same. If She is very upset, sell it and buy a new gun.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a concern in the world to me were it my gun, because it doesn't show when the action is closed. Of course, some people fret over tool marks inside their guns, when it matters not one whit to functionality or exterior appearance. So to each his (or her) own! :)

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Functionally, it's not a big deal. The gun performed flawlessly. This is more of an imperfection in a finish in her eyes. I oiled it and she shot it all day without any trouble.

I think I'm leaning towards leaving it alone as well. My concern is I'd have a really hard time getting any jeweling I did to line up and match perfectly with the factory jeweling with an end result in a poor repair of the finish. I'll try to get a picture posted. It's not just one little scratch, it's pretty significant galling.

Edit: Here's a photo'

View attachment 39411

Pffffftttt. That is not galling. That is honest to goodness wear. If I had to guess I would say there is a little bit of a burr on the top inside edge of the reciever. A little file action may have prevented the marks. May help to keep them from getting any worse. Tell her to enjoy her firearm. It ain't a safe queen no more.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Keep as is and shoot it, when it will fall open by itself, and one or both of the firing pins don't work consistently, you'll know it's time!:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom