Do not order from Old Faithful Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trying to get the word out, this company has really pushed my last buttons.

I originally ordered 2 holsters on 2nd october, my CC was charged at that time, my original reply was that my holster should ship by 23-24 OCT. However the FAQ said due to business, it may take up to 6 weeks.

13 nov I inquired by email to the status of my order, on 20 nov. I was informed that theyw ere sorry for the delay, that they were going to assemble the holsters for me at no extra charge (I am grateful, but indifferent as I wanted the chance to customize everything etc and learn) and that my order would ship the next week. (which would be the week of thanksgiving.

I gave the benefit of the doubt (sucker I know), and did not re inquire until 15 december (figure an extra week for the holiday ya know), This reply was much swifter, the next day;

"I apologize for your order not getting out on time. I am rushing it for you and it should ship this week. Thank you for being patient with us, the influx of orders we have received has put us somewhat behind schedule.

Once shipped you will receive an email with tracking information. Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for your business and have a great day!"

again nothing, I get 2 phone calls the Thursday of the next week, asking me random questions about my pistols, and to inform me that due to the size of one, the backing would not be interchangeable with other shells, but was assured they would be done and going out later that day or at the latest Friday the 19th.

That was the last I heard from them. No replies to my emails sent Christmas week etc.

i really dread the coming battle with my CC card company to deny the charges especially considering how old they are, I have never had to do anything like that in the past, because I try to be patient and work with small businesses I order from, I try to understand etc. but to be lied to not once not twice but thrice, is an insult no matter how ya look at it. the holsters may be top notch, but if you never receive them, then how would you know?
I was really happy my Spouse allowed me to spend money on more holsters (she carries as well) and excited that these were my first "custom" ones, sadly this company has ruined it. I've dealt with markets in third world countries where I felt less ripped off than I do by Old Faithful.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to really build a custom hybrid , I have a kydex press you can use to mold your kydex, i have leather for backing, kydex , rivets, etc

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i ordered a old faithful holster back in march and had hit in 4 wks. A buddy who i recommended this holster to ordered one, first time bank screwed up and didnt pay and only found out when he called about 5 wks later. He re- ordered it, gave him a date tentatively to be shipped, 2 wks after that he called and said that they lost his order, but didnt take his money. So he re ordered it agian, and had it in 4 wks. We both love the holsters but i was mad cause of the problems the company gave him after i recommended it to him and i wrote the company and told them. I dont know if all his people went on strike or he does this in his basement, but their business practices have really went to hell.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be pleasantly surprised at how the cc company treats you. I had a charge that was 6 months old for merchandise I never received. Mastercard yanked that puppy right off there, gave me a credit on my card (I pay the full balance every month) and I never heard another word about it ...

Good luck!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a go-round with a different custom holster company several months ago.

• First you have to determine if they are actually not following through with your order in a timely (or somewhat timely) manner; you have done that.
  • Next contact Better Business Bureau in city or area that services the company. File a complaint.
  • Next post bad (but truthful) feedback about the company on forums that they count on for future business. I posted on both local and national forums.

I got results pretty quickly with this method.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is he overloaded himself with listings on eBay,amazon and other places. The orders came in hot and heavy and he is so far behind he doesn't know what to do. My boss did the same and we are trying to ship from early DEC. And can't get the products from our suppliers.
Can't suggest what to do other than cancel and go to the cc company
Every minute answering the phone and emails is time you could spend getting the product out. May be why he's hard to contact.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr Ed for the win. I met those guys last year and liked their products. I suspect when they sent out their sales guys and began advertising they had no clue what to do if and when orders came in. Very common problem.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is he overloaded himself with listings on eBay,amazon and other places. The orders came in hot and heavy and he is so far behind he doesn't know what to do. My boss did the same and we are trying to ship from early DEC. And can't get the products from our suppliers.
Can't suggest what to do other than cancel and go to the cc company
Every minute answering the phone and emails is time you could spend getting the product out. May be why he's hard to contact.
I have seen this situation occur before. The craftsman ran a one man shop. He was a fine craftsman but not good at scheduling and customer service. He got way behind and annoyed many. After a good businessman took over the front end customer service end things turned around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom